I aspire to continue evolving as a digital renaissance man, bringing my creative mind and passion for technology together with quality service and professionalism to any role I undertake. I thrive on mastering software and systems, sleuthing through server / app logs, thorough root cause analysis, and cross-functional collaboration. My background in content creation enables a broad perspective on software products.
I’m especially interested in providing technical support for SaaS products in a role where I can interact with end-users as well as internal developer teams to help in creating the best product possible. My current career goal is to continue building upon my technical support experience and to eventually move toward a software development role.
My work history can also be viewed on LinkedIn.
Senior Technical Support Agent / Player Support Agent (July 2018 – present)
Employer: Skillz Inc. – Portland, OR / Remote
Senior Technical Support Engineer (April 2020 – present):
- Providing support for escalated player technical issues with the Skillz platform and Skillz-powered games.
- Providing support to game developers integrating their mobile games with the Skillz platform.
- Handling bug filing and tracking using Jira, and raising cross-functional awareness of critical game or system issues.
- Collaborating on building the processes and policies of the Technical Support team from the ground up.
- Creating process improvements to improve efficiency on our team and in the escalation flows we work with.
- Providing cross-functional guidance, information and research as a subject matter expert for many aspects of the Skillz platform.
- Creating documentation for the processes of the Technical Support team and known issues for player support agent reference.
- Analysis of server ELK logs, iOS console logs, and Android Studio logs to diagnose issues on the Skillz platform and in third-party games.
Player Support Agent (July 2018 – April 2020):
- Provided player support for mobile games which utilize the Skillz eSports platform.
- Specialized in tracking Known Issues and maintained a reference of these for player support agents to utilize.
Technical Support Associate II (September 2017 – April 2018)
Employer: Convergys – Wilsonville, OR
- Providing phone-based technical support for a cloud hosted application platform.
- Troubleshooting a variety of account access, connectivity and software functionality issues for users of the platform.
- Consistently receiving good call coaching assessments and good customer surveys.
Freelance / Contract Artist (August 2016 – September 2017)
- Pursued freelance contract projects and developed my custom game content business.
- Freelance projects included illustration, graphic design and book layout for tabletop gaming products published by Gaming Ballistic, LLC.
- Other projects included designing and programming prototypes for computer software and game projects.
Creative Director / Visual Artist (August 2011 – August 2016)
Employer: Fire Mountain Games – Beaverton, OR
- Directed and implemented the visual look for every aspect of production on multiple lines of tabletop role-playing game books, including book illustrations, book layout, logo design, advertising, marketing materials, and web design.
- Created all illustrations, cartography and graphic design for 9 published RPG books and many forthcoming volumes.
- Published books include: Way of the Wicked Books 1-7 and Throne of Night Books 1 and 2.
Freelance / Contract Artist (February 2004 – August 2011)
- HitPoint Studios: Painted elaborate in-game background scenes and objects for the hidden object adventure game “Blood and Ruby”, published by Big Fish Games.
- Steve Jackson Games: Created color interior illustrations for the GURPS 4th edition Campaigns core RPG rulebook.
- Fantasy Flight Games: Created color card art for the Game of Thrones: Valyrian Edition collectible card game. Also produced interior illustrations for their Legends & Lairs: Draconic Lore d20 RPG supplement.
- Atlas Games: Created interior illustrations for d20 RPG books including Nyambe: African Adventures, Occult Lore, Seven Strongholds, and Seven Cities.
- Andrews McMeel Publishing: Created all illustrations for the Fairy Fancies paper-doll set, including box / book cover, interior illustrations, paper-doll figure, clothing options and accessories.
- Designed and produced a very well-received fantasy fashion line for the Second Life online virtual world. This included designing the outfits, detailed texture work for 3D avatar models, producing marketing materials, business management and handling customer service for my products.
- Created illustrations for a variety of other clients in the tabletop RPG industry.
Senior 2D / 3D Game Artist (July 2002 – February 2004)
Employer: Blue Fang Games – Waltham, MA
- Zoo Tycoon 2: Created concept art for visual style guide which helped define the look of the game. Created full set of terrain and path textures for the game environment, and modeled / textured low-poly 3D buildings and props.
- Zoo Tycoon Complete Collection: Modeled and textured 3D building sprite renders.
Senior 2D / 3D Game Artist (October 1996 – August 2001)
Employer: Cyberlore Studios – Northampton, MA
- Created concept art for several projects, including creature and building designs.
- Modeled, textured and animated game artwork, in high-poly sprite render and low-poly 3D formats.
- Created storyboards and modeled / animated complete 3D scenes for cinematic sequences.
- Shipped games include: Majesty: The Fantasy Kingdom Sim, Mechwarrior 4: Black Knight, Pool of Radiance: Ruins of Myth Drannor and Heroes of Might & Magic II: The Price of Loyalty.